Question : Link Command failed – FoxPro 2.6 for DOS
I am trying to create an exe in foxpro 2.6 for dos and get the following error: Link Command Failed. How can I fix this problem?
Solution: Link Command failed – FoxPro 2.6 for DOS
Here’s the official question and answer:
When I attempt to build an executable file, I receive the
error message “Link command failed.” How can I correct
If you receive this error message, check the following
* Make sure that you have enough conventional memory.
* Make sure that you have enough disk space.
* Increase the number of file handles available to FoxPro.
To do this, you can increase the FILES setting in the
CONFIG.SYS file or increase the FILE HANDLES setting in
the SHELL.CFG file. This is specific to Novell networks.
* Make sure that FoxPro can find your COMMAND.COM file.
* Make sure that the following files are on your path:
WLINK8.EXE, and FOXSWAP.COM.
* If you are running the 32-bit Extended Version of FoxPro,
make sure that DOSMEM isn’t set to ON in your CONFIG.FP
file. For more information on DOSMEM, refer to “Customizing FoxPro” in the Installation and Configuration guide.