Clementine is a cross-platform music player for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux based operating systems. The most unique feature of this audio player is that it provides support for Spotify, Grooveshark, as well as di.fm and Sky.fm radio stations. Furthermore, it comes with a global search feature that allows searching for internet radio and music. You can also fetch album art cover from a number of available sources such as Amazon.
Some of the major features of Clementine include the following:
- You can play and search your local music library.
- Other than Spotify, Grooveshark, Last.fm and Sky.fm, internet radio support is available for SomaFM, Magnatune, Jamendo, Digitally Imported, and Icecast.
- You can create smart and dynamic playlists.
- Support for importing and exporting M3U, XSPF, PLS and ASX.
- You can play CDs (Audio CDs).
- Option to fetch photos, lyrics and artist biographies.
- Transcoding utility for files into FLAC, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, Ogg Speex and AAC.
- Users can copy music to an iPod, iPhone, MTP or External device (such as a USB player).
- The ability to edit tags (MP3 and OGG files).
- The option to Fetch missing tags.
- The option to get missing album covers.
- Remote control via Wii Remote, command line or MPRIS.
Clementine can be installed in Windows and Mac from the packages given at the developers website (see link at the end of this post). You can install Clementine in Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin and previous versions from the Ubuntu Software Center or download the Deb package from the developers website. Clementine also has an RPM Package for Fedora, as well as packages for Debian.
Some of the extra features in Clementine such as internet radio can be accessed from the left sidebar.
Once the plugin is installed, you can login with your account via respective Tools –> Preferences. For example, if you have installed Spotify plugin you can login with your Spotify account.
You can specify ant artist and album to search for cover art and download album covers. The covers are automatically fetched and shown according to the best available image.
Clementine works on the following operating systems:
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard