If there is any device that is likely to get all the new updates from Google, it is none other than Galaxy Nexus. However, the popularity of Samsung’s Galaxy S3 has meant that the latest Android Jelly 4.1 Bean has reached S3 earlier than most devices. In this post we will provide you with a guide about running the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy S3 device.
This ROM is a port from the first OTA (Over The Air) release which was taken from Galaxy Nexus GSM. The credit for this achievement goes to XDA Developer “Faryaab”. This ROM is based on a modified kernel of CyanogenMod9 and currently seems to be undergoing a few minor issues. Before you move on to the installation instructions, see the link given at the end of this post for details about “what works and “what (currently) does not work” .
Install this ROM at your own risk. WML Cloud and its team will not be responsible if your Samsung Galaxy S III gets damaged or bricked during the below mentioned process. It is advised that you should refer to the link given at the end of this post to find out about the current status of this process.
- You will require a rooted Samsung Galaxy S3. To find out how to root your Galaxy S III device, check out this rooting guide.
- ClockworkMod recovery must be installed on your device. For more details, check out this installation guide for ClockworkMod recovery on Galaxy S III.
- Download Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
- In the first step, download the Jelly Bean ROM from the link given above and copy it to the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Now, boot into recovery mode by holding the Volume up+ Power button.
- After you enter the recover mode, create a Nandroid backup by selecting Backup & Restore, followed by Backup.
- You will have select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and go to Advanced. From here, Wipe Dalvik cache.
- Once done, head back and select install zip from SD Card -> choose zip from SD Card and select the ROM that you previously copied to your device.
- This will initiate the flashing process. You will have to wait for the process to complete, after which simply reboot your S III device.
This should install Android Jelly bean 4.1 on your Samsung Galaxy S3 device.You can also check out the below video to see the installation process.
For any kind o queries, additional information or future updates, check out the link given below.
[Video Courtesy: Totally Dubbed HD YouTube Channel]