The much anticipated HTC One V has finally been released with Android Ice Cream Sandwich and HTC Sense 4.0. Nonetheless, it is only natural that despite such a perfect fusion of ICS and HTC Sense, users will want to install third-party ROMs, tweak their smartphone or remove the HTC UI. To do all that it is first necessary to root your HTC One V phone and before the device can be rooted, the bootloader will have to be unlocked. In this post we will show you how to unlock your bootloader and the necessary precautions that should be taken during this process.
Warning And Disclaimer
- Please bear in mind that unlocking the bootloader of your phone will void your warranty.
- Following this guide will also result in data loss and therefore, you must backup your data before proceeding with unlocking your phone’s bootloader.
- Please follow this guide at your own risk. WML Cloud and it’s team will not be responsible if your HTC One V gets damaged or bricked during the below mentioned process.
- Download HTC Sync (to install HTC One V USB drivers on your computer).
- Download Fastboot Package
- Make sure that your phone is fully charged or has a good amount of charge left (e.g. 80%)
- Make sure that you have an archiving tool like 7-Zip or WinRARinstalled on your computer.
- Backup personal data on your mobile such as your contacts, SMS, settings, etc
1. Download and install HTC Sync on your computer.
2. Download and extract the Fastboot package in a folder on your computer.
3. Head over to the HTC Development link to create an account (if you don’t have one) and login.
4. Now, go to this link: HTC’s Unlock Bootloader page.
5. Locate the list of supported devices and choose the option that says “All Other Supported Models”.
6. Once done, select “Begin Unlock Bootloader”, followed by “Yes” (after a warning message is displayed).
7. On the next page you will get a detailed guide about unlocking your HTC One V bootloader. Follow these instructions to unlock your bootloader. If you would like to see the procedure that follows step 7, then check out the link given below.