The HTC One X (GSM) and HTC One S now have touch based ClockworkMod Recovery. While this touch based recovery has been available for a number of Android devices, the One S and One X version has been recently released. ClockworkMod Touch recovery (by “Koush”), can be installed via ROM Manager by paying $1.99, however if you do not wish to spend any money, you can opt for the manual, method given below.
Note: it must be note that for now, you will not be able to mount the device as USB Mass Storage in recovery, the device will not charge (skeptic) and you cannot flash the recovery via ROM Manager.
Please follow the below given guide at your own risk. WML Cloud and it’s team will not be responsible if your HTC One X or HTC One S device gets damaged or bricked during the below mentioned process. It is advised that you refer to the links given at the end of this post before following the below mentioned guide.
- Your HTC One X or One S device should be rooted. For rooting instructions, see the following links:
- You will also require ADB to be installed on your system. See more information here.
- ClockworkMod Touch recovery for HTC One X | HTC One S.
- Interim ClockworkMod Touch recovery (by paulobrien) and flashable ClockworkMod Touch recovery (by Koush) for the HTC One S. (This should be used if flashing via fastboot fails.)
1. In the first step, download and copy the recovery image for your device to the Platform Tools folder in the Android SDK.
2. Now, rename the file to “recovery-touch” (optionally give this name for your convenience).
3. Boot into bootloader mode by pressing the Volume Down key and the Power key. Once you are in the bootloader mode, select fastboot by using the Volume keys for navigation and use the power button to select.
4. Connect your device to the computer, and open up a Terminal or Command Prompt window. Once done, enter this command to verify if your phone is connected and recognized:
5. If your device is listed, navigate to the location where fastboot.exeis is present and enter these commands in a Terminal or Command Prompt window:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-touch.img fastboot reboot
6. Your phone will restart and ClockworkMod Touch recovery will been installed. Try booting into recovery via bootlaoder and select Recovery from the menu.
If the recovery does not flash with fastboot for the HTC One S, you should install the Interim recovery by following guidelines in steps 2 to 5. After that, boot into recovery and flash the “flashable ClockworkMod Touch recovery” (by Koush).
For any queries, updates and additional information, head over to the links given below