Previously we showed you how to Root HTC One V and the process involved in unlocking its bootloader. Once the aforementioned has been achieved you can flash Custom ROMs, and install custom recovery. Recently, one of the members at XDA Developer’s Forum “vivekkalady” created a ClockworkMod Touch Recovery for none other than HTC One V. With the help of this tool you can create and restore backups of your ROM, flash custom ROMs and delete mobile phone data. This recovery is touch-based and therefore does not require the use of your mobile’s physical buttons.
Please follow this guide at your own risk. To install the ClockworkMod Touch Recovery, you will have to unlock your device’s bootloader, which will void your warranty. WML Cloud and it’s team will not be responsible if your HTC One V gets damaged or bricked during the below mentioned process. It is advised that you check out the link given at the end of this for additional information.
- Your HTC One V should have an unlocked bootloader. To unlock your device’s bootloader, check out this post: unlock the HTC One V’s bootloader.
- HTC Sync (To install drivers for HTC One V)
- Download Fastboot Package
- Download ClockworkMod Touch Recovery (for the HTC One V) or Download from Mirror Link
- Before following the instructions below, make sure that HTC Sync is not active on your PC.
1. Download and extract the Fastboot package in a folder on your computer.
2. Download the ClockworkMod Recovery package and place it in the same folder where the Fastbook executable file is present (Fastbook.exe). It must be noted that if you download “recovery-CWM-22.214.171.124-Build6.img” (Mirror Link), rename it to “recovery.img”.
3. Turn off your HTC One V device and boot it into Bootloader Mode by holding the Volume Down key and Power button. After you enter the Bootloader Mode, you will have to use the Power button to select options and the Volume keys for navigation.
4. Now, select “Fastboot” from after entering Bootloader menu.
5. Connect your phone to your PC with a USB cable.
Note: Bootloader screen should display the following: “FASTBOOT USB.”
6. Open Command Prompt and navigate to the directory where fastboot.exe is located. For example, if you extracted the Fastboot package in C:\Fastboot, then use this command:
To check if your HTC One V phone is connected to the PC, type the following command:
fastboot devices.This will display your device’s serial number in Command Prompt. If your phone was not detected, then check if the USB drivers for HTC One V are installed (the drivers should be correctly installed if you used the same PC to unlock your Bootloader).
7. Finally, type the following command to flash ClockworkMod Touch Recovery on your phone:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
8. After installation is complete, type the command
fastboot reboot to reboot your phone.
To verify that ClockworkMod Touch Recovery has been installed, boot into Bootloader Mode and select “Recovery” option from the bootloader menu to boot into CWM Recovery.
Now you can easily create ROM backups with ClockworkMod Touch Recovery. For any queries, updates and additional information, see the link given below.