NetFlix is one of the largest on demand video providers in USA, which delivers videos from all kinds of genres. Using Netflix you can watch videos, (such as TV series and movies), at a mere price of $7.99 a month. In other words, it provides unlimited videos for a low price for US residents. Netflix content is viewable by using Windows, Mac OS X, Android, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and other supported devices. The only issue with Netflix is that it is not available outside USA.
WorldWideFlix is an Android application that allows you to acquire full access to NetFlix content. It has been developed by the same developer who brought us World Wide KindleFire. As explained in a previous review, World Wide KindleFire is an application for Kindle Fire users that allows non-US residents to access Amazon Prime. Similarly, WorldWideFlix provides access to Netflix for Kindle fire and other Android device users. See more details about the usage of this application followed by the download link given below.
This application masks your location using proxy servers, by providing a proxy server list. It checks and provides the best server for you and allows you to manually select one of the proposed servers. This enables instant access to Netflix, as if you are within the United States.
1. This applications requires root permissions.
2. It requires a rooted Android device running version 2.1 or above.
3. A Netflix account will be required. You can sing up for one from Netflix.
4. Download NetFlix / Phone Flicks or both from the market
5. Buy the WorldWideFlix application, (worth only $1) from the market Android Market, (download link given at the end of this post).
Instructions For Making a Netflix Account:
If you do not have a Netflix account, follow the below instructions:
1. Go to this link and choose a proxy transparent proxy that uses any of these ports: 8080 or 3128.
2. Just apply the proxy configurations to your browser using the following guidelines:
a. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera and Safari instructions, (for configuring proxy settings) can be found from this page. These instructions can be handy for making a Netflix account from a device that uses any of the aforementioned browsers.
3. Go to NetFlix.com to start your membership.
4. Enter all required details.
5. Use this zip code in the zip code field: 77060
WorldWideFlix is available almost free, with a price of $1. For more instructions and details, head over to the Android Market link given below.