- Disable Metro UI Start Menu and replace it with the Windows 7 Style classic start menu
- Disable Windows Explorer Ribbon.
- Disable Metro Start Menu and Explorer Ribbon.
- Enable any of the disabled options.
- Display Lock Screen, Log Off, Restart, Shutdown, Sleep and Switch User options in Windows 8 Metro UI
- Display Any application shortcut in Metro UI (for example, Firefox).
To enable or disable any of the features, just launch the executable file (EXE file), select the changes to apply and click Apply. You will require restarting your computer for the selected changes to take effect.
Although you can get the Windows 7 style Start Menu in Windows by a number of application such as Windows 8 Start Menu Toggle and Metro Controller, however, Metro UI Tweaker provides many tweaking options within a single application which is more convenient than installing multiple applications for tweaking Windows 8.
Metro UI Tweaker provides users with the option to either disable Windows Explorer Ribbon and the Metro UI or just the Ribbon.
You can add Restart, Shutdown, Sleep Lock Screen, Log Off, and Switch User options to the tiled Windows 8 Start Menu. Custom shortcuts for applications can be created by selecting the path of the EXE file of an application.
Hope this tweak helps you customize your Windows 8 OS to your liking. Happy Tweaking!