After HTC One X and Samsung Galaxy S3 the next Android device to be rooted even before its launch is Google Nexus 7. The Nexus 7 tablet has received a single click root, which also installs ClockworkMod recovery on the device. While there might be some apprehensions for users about such initial rooting methods, however with the early leaks of software builds and access by bloggers to smartphones and tablets before their release, such an early release of rooting guides for Android devices is becoming more of a rule rather than the exception. The credit for this achievement goes to XDA-Developer’s forum member m.sabra.
Note: If your bootloader is locked before running this single click root tool, you will lose your data. This Nexus 7 Single Click Root Tool includes all the required drivers so that you will not worry about driver issues prior to running the tool.
Please follow this rooting guide at your own risk. Rooting your Nexus 7 device will void your warranty. WML Cloud will not be responsible if your Google Nexus 7 gets damaged or bricked during the below mentioned process. It is advised that you should check out the link given at the end of this post for information regarding the current status of this guide, as well as other possible issues that users may have faced after rooting the Nexus 7 tablet.
- An unlocked bootloader to avoid wiping your data
- Download One Click Root Tool For Nexus 7
- To get started, download the Single Click root tool for the Nexus 7 tablet and extract its contents.
- Once done, makes sure that USB Debugging is enabled on your Nexus 7 device and connect it to a PC using the USB cable.
- Now, run the root.exe file (from the extracted content) to begin the rooting process and simply follow the on screen instructions.
- After the process is complete, restart your device
You should now have root access and ClockworkMod recovery installed on your Google Nexus 7. For any kind of questions related to the above mentioned process or additional information regarding this One Click root tool, see the XDA Developer’s Forum link given below.