Problem : Outlook Test E-mail Autoconfiguration is generating error 0x800C8203
When I run Test-outlookWebServices, all results on my cas/hub server come
back as successful. It’s when I run Test E-mail Autoconfiguration on Outlook
2007 the I get the following errors after it finds the SCP succesfully:
Autodiscover to https://servername.domain.com/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml
Then it fails over to:
It appears now that new users aren’t getting their profiles created properly
via autodiscover and OOF is broken. Thanks for any help.
Solution : Outlook Test E-mail Autoconfiguration is generating error 0x800C8203
Here is what I was finally able to trace this problem to: the msexchquerybasedn user attribute that we set to an OU containing the faculty users was to blame. Apparently (this is news to Microsoft) the autodiscover service uses the msexchquerybasedn attribute (if its set) to correlate a user to their location in AD. This was not always so, we ran this configuration for 10 months without issue. The msexchquerybasedn user attribute must be set to the OU of which the user is a member, or not contain a value. For installations where you have a single default OAB you do not need to set this user attribute to any value. However if you are using this attribute to populate your address books and are unable to change it, then you must alter your OU structure to remedy this.