- Tabs allowing you to have multiple folders open.
- Caching that enable fast file browsing.
- Background work for all tasks that takes time to finish, allowing you to continue working without interruptions.
- Customize the layout and colors to fit your styling needs.
- Extensions and plugins that will increase the functionality of Multi Commander.
- FTP, Registry , Zip, 7-Zip, Rar , Tar , GZ , Bz2 , Jar Support
- View and Change file permissions, Take ownership of files.
- Picture tools like Convert / Rotate Pictures, View/Remove EXIF tags, Adjust EXIF Date of pictures.
- Show Movie information from IMDB/Rotten tomato as extra columns on you movie files.
- Audio tools like View Audio file properties, View/Edit MP3 Tags.
- Open API for developers to create extensions and plugins.
- Remember selections when you get back from another location when browsing the filesystem.
- Use mouse and drag and drop or use quick keyboard command for all the task.
- File Operations plugins that can automatically sort / unpack files when they are moved or copied.
- File viewer that lets you view files of any size, as ASCII/Unicode/UTF8/Binary and Hex.
- Both 32bit and 64bit versions available.
- Handle folders with many thousands of files with easy, And use power full filters to limit what you want to view.
- Compare folders and select the files and folders that are different, that are the same and many other options.
- Power full script engine allowing you to create script that automate tasks.
- Portable. Can be installed and run from portable (USB) device. Will not write any settings/session info on host computer.
The main interface of Multi Commander displays a dual pane tabbed interface which can be reduced to a single pane by dragging either of the panes onto the other or changing the split size from View –> Split Size.
You can edit, copy, move, delete, pack, unpack and test compressed files from the File drop down menu. Similarly the Edit menu provides cut, copy, paste and other common options, as well as file selection features.
Plugins and extensions can be managed from Configurations menu.
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7