What is Pokémon Starters by Generation ?
The starter Pokemon stick with you throughout your initial run through the games, but they all have their pros and cons. Let’s talk about the list of all the Pokémon Starters by Generation from Gen 9 -> Gen 1 .
- All Pokémon Legendary By Generation – [Gen 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ]
- This Is Why The First Day of Pokemon Go Fest 2022 Was Terrible.
Here’s a list of All Starters Pokemon by Generation (Gen 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1) :
Pokemon Gen 9 Starters :
The three new starters for Scarlet & Violet were also shown off in the trailer on Pokemon Day: Sprigatito, Fuecoco, and Quaxly
Sprigatito is a grass-type Pokemon and has the appearance of a cat.
- Type: Grass
- Category: Grass Cat Pokemon
- Height: 1′4″
- Weight: 9 lbs
- Ability: Overgrow
Fuecoco is a fire-type Pokemon that looks like a funny crocodile.
- Type: Fire
- Category: Fire Croc Pokemon
- Height: 1′4″
- Weight: 21.6 lbs
- Ability: Blaze
Quaxly is a water-type Pokemon that looks like a duck.
- Type: Water
- Category: Duckling Pokemon
- Height: 1′8″
- Weight: 13.4 lbs
- Ability: Torrent
Pokemon Gen 8 Starters :
- Pokémon Sword
- Pokémon Shield
- Pokémon Legends: Arceus
Grookey, Scorbunny, and Sobble were the first Pokémon to be revealed for Pokémon Sword and Shield when the game was first announced in early 2019. They also happen to be the starting three Pokémon for the new Gen 8 Starters .
- Grookey -> Thwackey (level 16) -> Rillaboom (level 35)
- Scorbunny -> Raboot (level 16) -> Cinderace (level 35)
- Sobble -> Drizzile (level 16) -> Inteleon (level 35)
Pokemon Gen 7 Starters :
- Pokémon Sun
- Pokémon Moon
- Pokémon Ultra Sun
- Pokémon Ultra Moon
Pokemon Ultra Moon and Sun boasts a massive number of Pokemon to catch. These are the Generation 7 starter Pokemon you can choose in USUM.
- Rowlet -> Dartrix (level 17) -> Decidueye (level 34)
- Litten -> Torracat (level 17) -> Incineroar (level 34)
- Popplio -> Brionne (level 17) -> Primarina (level 34)
Pokemon Gen 6 Starters :
- Pokémon X
- Pokémon Y
Pokemon Gen 6 Starters are Grass-Fire-Water type structure where Chespin is grass type, Fennekin is fire type and Froakie is water type.
- Chespin -> Quilladin (level 16) -> Chesnaught (level 36)
- Fennekin -> Braixen (level 16) -> Delphox (level 36)
- Froakie -> Frogadier (level 16) -> Greninja (level 36)
Pokemon Gen 5 Starters :
- Pokémon Black
- Pokémon White
- Pokémon Black 2
- Pokémon White 2
The Gen 5 Starters also follow the Grass-Fire-Water trio where Snivy is the grass-type, Tepig the fire-type, and Oshawott the water-type.
- Snivy -> Servine (level 17) -> Serperior (level 36)
- Tepig -> Pignite (level 17) -> Emboar (level 36)
- Oshawott -> Dewott (level 17) -> Samurott (level 36)
Pokemon Gen 4 Starters :
- Pokémon Diamond and Pearl
- Pokémon Brilliant Diamond
- Pokémon Shining Pearl
Pokemon Gen 4 Starters are a Water type, Grass type and a Fire type. They include Piplup (Water), Turtwig (Grass) and Chimchar (Fire).
- Turtwig -> Grotle (level 18) -> Torterra (level 32)
- Chimchar -> Monferno (level 14) -> Infernape (level 36)
- Piplup -> Prinplup (level 16) -> Empoleon (level 36)
Pokemon Gen 3 Starters :
- Pokémon Ruby
- Pokémon Sapphire
- Pokémon Emerald
- Pokémon Omega Ruby
- Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
Generation 3 is also known as the advanced generation and follows the traditional grass, fire and water type pattern where Treecko is grass type, Torchic is fire type and Mudkip is water type.
- Treecko -> Grovyle (level 16) -> Sceptile (level 36)
- Torchic -> Combusken (level 16) -> Blaziken (level 36)
- Mudkip -> Marshtomp (level 16) -> Swampert (level 36)
Pokemon Gen 2 Starters :
- Pokemon Gold
- Pokemon Silver
- Pokemon Crystal
- Pokemon HeartGold
- Pokemon SoulSilver
Generation 2 was the first Generation where Pokémon began to expand, introducing 100 new Pokémon which could not be found in the original Generation I games.
- Chikorita -> Bayleef (level 16) -> Meganium (level 32)
- Cyndaquil -> Quilava (level 14) -> Typhlosion (level 36)
- Totodile -> Croconaw (level 18) -> Feraligatr (level 30)
Pokemon Gen 1 Starters :
- Pokemon Red
- Pokemon Green
- Pokemon Blue
- Pokemon FireRed
- Pokemon LeafGreen
- Special Edition Pokemon Yellow
Generation 1 launched the type pattern of the Grass, Fire, and Water Pokémon starters, and 24 years later, it’s still the same pattern.
- Bulbasaur -> Ivysaur (level 16) -> Venusaur (level 32)
- Charmander -> Charmeleon (level 16) -> Charizard (level 36)
- Squirtle -> Wartortle (level 16) -> Blastoise (level 36)
Character : Pikachu
|Created by||Satoshi Tajiri|
|Original work||Pocket Monsters Red and Green (1996)|
|Short stories||Pokémon Junior|
|Comics||See list of Pokémon manga|
|Films and television|
|Film(s)||See list of Pokémon films|
|Short film(s)||Various Pikachu shorts|
|Animated series||Pokémon (1997–present)|
Pokémon Chronicles (2006)
|Television special(s)||Mewtwo Returns (2000)|
The Legend of Thunder (2001)
The Mastermind of Mirage Pokémon (2006)
|Television film(s)||Pokémon Origins (2013)|
|Musical(s)||Pokémon Live! (2000)|
|Traditional||Pokémon Trading Card Game|
Pokémon Trading Figure Game
|Video game(s)||Pokémon video game series|
Super Smash Bros.
|Soundtrack(s)||Pokémon 2.B.A. Master (1999)|
See also list of Pokémon theme songs