Discover the ins and outs of the Strand subclass in Destiny 2, including its abilities, aspects, and how to unlock it in this guide.
Destiny 2 Strand Subclass Guide – How to unlock
The only requirement to use Strand is to own the Destiny 2 Lightfall expansion. As part of the campaign, you’ll have access to it at various points throughout your adventures in Neomuna. By the end of the campaign, you’ll be able to switch to Strand in the top left corner of the Character screen, just like any other subclass.
Destiny 2 Strand Subclass Guide – Keywords
- Woven Mail – With this ability, the Guardian is sheathed in a protective mesh of Strand matter, reducing incoming damage. Note that in PvP, Woven Mail will only reduce damage taken on the body; head damage and melee damage will continue as normal.
- Suspend – A suspended PvE enemy is lifted off the ground for a brief duration and is essentially disabled. In PvP, suspended players are lifted off the ground but can still move (albeit slowly) and fire their weapons to fight back.
- Unravel – Attacking an unravelled enemy will cause threads to burst out of the target and attack other nearby targets. Once hit, that target will also become unravelled.
- Sever – A severed enemy is less capable of affecting the material world, reducing their damage output as a result.
Destiny 2 Strand Subclass Guide – Fragments & aspects
The following is a complete list of aspects and fragments:
- Thread of Ascent: Activating your grenade ability reloads your equipped weapon and grants bonus airborne effectiveness and handling for a short duration.
- Thread of Binding: Super final blows emit a suspending burst from the target.
- Thread of Continuity: Suspend, Unravel and sever effects applied to targets have increased duration.
- Thread of Evolution: Threadlings travel farther and deal additional damage.
- Thread of Finality: Finisher final blows create Threadlings.
- Thread of Fury: Damaging targets with a Tangle grants melee energy.
- Thread of Generation: Dealing damage generates grenade energy.
- Thread of Isolation: Landing rapid precision hits emits a severing burst from the target.
- Thread of Mind: Defeating suspended targets grants class ability energy.
- Thread of Propagation: Powered melee final blows grant your Stand weapons Unraveling Rounds.
- Thread of Rebirth: Strand weapon final blows have a chance to create a Threadling.
- Thread of Transmutation: While you have Woven Mail, weapon final blows create a Tangle.
- Thread of Warding: Picking up an Orb of Power grants Woven Mail.
- Thread of Wisdom: Defeating suspended targets with precision hits creates an Orb of Power.
- Ensnaring Slam – Slam into the ground while in the air, and suspend all nearby enemies.
- Widow’s Silk – Grants an additional grapple charge, and causes grapples to leave behind grapple points. These grapple points can be used by the Hunter as well as their teammates, and do not consume grapple energy when used.
- Threaded Specter – Activate your class ability to leave behind a decoy woven from Strand matter that draws the attention of nearby combatants. After taking significant damage or when combatants approach, the decoy detonates, dealing damage and releasing Threadlings that seek out and attack nearby foes (coming in Destiny 2 Season of the Deep).
- Into the Fray – Grants Woven Mail to the player and nearby teammates when destroying a Tangle. Whilst Woven Mail is active, the Titan has increased melee regeneration.
- Drengr’s Lash – Upon using their class ability, the Titan sends forward a ripple in reality, suspending enemies caught in it.
- Flechette Storm – While sliding, activate your charged melee ability to leap into the air, knocking nearby targets away and dealing damage. While airborne, activate your charged melee again to launch a cluster of damaging, Unraveling projectiles. Repeatedly activating melee will chain additional throws (coming in Destiny 2 Season of the Deep)
- Weaver’s Call – When casting their Rift, the Warlock will weave three Threadling eggs. These Threadling eggs will hatch into Threadlings once they hit a surface, along with any perched Threadlings the Warlock currently has.
- Mindspun Invocation – This aspect enhances Warlock’s Grenades:
- Grapple – When executing a grapple melee, the Warlock will weave three Threadling eggs from the enemy.
- Threadling Grenade – The Warlock can consume their Threadling Grenade to generate a set of Perched Threadlings.
- Shackle Grenade – The Warlock can consume their Shackle Grenade to gain a buff, which will create a suspending detonation each time an enemy is defeated.
- The Wanderer – Tangles you throw attach to enemies and detonate into a suspending burst. Threadling final blows create a Tangle (coming in Destiny 2 Season of the Deep)
Destiny 2 Lightfall Strand Guide – Subclass abilities
The first ability we’d like to highlight is grappling hooks. You can use your grappling hook to launch yourself through the air at any time. You can grapple onto nothing, something, a flying grenade, or even a friend’s Sparrow.
This ability is activated by pressing the grenade button, and while there are more common abilities that can be used in place of the grapple, Strand users do not have conventional grenades like all other classes.
Each Guardian class also comes with its own unique set of Strand powers:
- The Hunter’s super uses Strand as a rope dart that is whipped at enemies by swinging it around quickly.
- Warlocks are experts at the telekinetic aspect of this power and can use it to make Strand missiles and fire them at enemies.
- Titans use Strand to fashion lethal claws that sever their opponents.
Tangles and Threadlings play a significant role in the subclass. When you defeat an opponent using a Strand ability, their life force is transformed into a Tangle, which can then be used as projectiles, thrown as projectiles, or shot to explode.
Threadlings are a new type of minion created by Strand abilities that allow Guardians to send them out to hunt down and destroy enemies.
And that’s everything you need to know about the subclass Strand in Destiny 2.
- Destiny 2 Guide – How to get the Photo Finish Shader (2023)
- Is Destiny 2 servers down ? How to check server status & Fix the Chicken Error?