The Panorama Mode in iOS 6 is perhaps one of the only major improvements in the iPhone camera application. However, this does not mean that you cannot enhance your iPhone camera any further. ProCam is an iOS application that can be arguably rated as the “perfect camera app” for an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch device. Despite having a wide range of nifty camera features, ProCam provides an easy to use interface.
ProCam can be used for both video and image capturing, with an interface that reminds one of a real cam. Some of the camera activation options in ProCam include the following:
- Face Detection
- Volume Key activation
Before starting off with your photo session, it is worth checking out the various ProCam features and familiarizing yourself with them. To get started, launch ProCam and hit the Menu key. Once done, you will see the Settings screen. To change the theme of the application, use the Style tab.
For more advanced options, head over to Set area. Some of the functions performed by certain ProCam features are listed below.
- Face Auto Snap: To take pictures when a face is recognized by your camera.
- Geo Tagging: This feature is turned on by default and provides Geo tagging for images.
- Volume Snap: Provides single tap image capture by using the Volume (+) option.
- Volume Torch: Hit the (-‘ volume button to get some light when capturing images.
- Zoom: To zoom (in or out) use the knob sticking out of the control dial.
- JPEG Quality Level: For adjusting image quality.
- Sensitivity: This feature can be used for the anti-shake mode. It is advised to keep this option to the medium level.
ProCam also comes with many other basic features that you are likely to find in a camera app. You can find out more from the iTunes download page of ProCam (link given below). It is worth pointing out that ProCam costs $0.99. ProCam requires iOS 5.1 or later and is compatible with:
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4 and 4S
- iPhone 5
- iPod touch (3rd, 4th and 5thgeneration)