Ever since its unveiling at the Mobile World Congress 2012, the HTC One X has been one of the most anticipated phones of 2012. In a previous post I provided you with the Review and Technical Specifications of HTC One X. In this post I will show you how to root your HTC One X smartphone on Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0. While these instructions are for HTC One X devices that are running ICS 4.o, you can refer to the link given at the end of this post for more details and information regarding other Android operating system versions. The below rooting guide contains instructions for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux based operating systems.
Please follow the below given rooting guide at your own risk. WML Cloud and it’s team will not be responsible if your HTC One X gets damaged or bricked during the below mentioned process.
- To root your HTC One X smartphone, your bootloader must be unlocked, which can be done via HTCDev.
- Superboot Package (see step 1).
Step 1. Download Superboot and extract the file content.
Step 2. Turn off and then turn on your phone to switch your device into bootloader mode (this can be done by pressing the volume down key when turning on your phone).
Step 3: Connect your HTC One X via USB to your computer.
Step 4: Follow the below given steps, according to your operating system:
- Windows Users: Windows users can simply run the “install-superboot-windows.bat” file.
- Mac Users: Open a Terminal window, navigate to the file content that you extracted earlier and enter these commands:
chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh ./install-superboot-mac.sh
- Linux Users: Open a Terminal window, navigate to the extracted files and enter these commands:
chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh ./install-superboot-linux.sh
For more information, queries and updates see the links given below.