HTC Vivid is a high-end Android phone with an 8 Megapixel camera and autofocus, dual-LED flash. The HTC Vivid camera provides Geo-tagging, face detection and HD Video recording at nothing short than 1080p. Moreover, Vivid also has a secondary Yes, 1.3 MP front facing camera for video chat. With such good camera specs, one does wonder if the camera needs any improvement (considering the available phone resources). However, you can improve the photo and video quality of your HTC Vivid even further by using the HTC Sensation camera mod.
Benefits of HTC Sensation Mod For HTC Vivid
Mods are not new to Android devices and there have been a number of them since quite a while now. However, as the sensors and overall technology has improved for Android devices, so have the mods. Thanks to XDA developers forum member “zacgoesrawr’, we now have a mod for Vivid that provides:
- An Uncapped JPEG File size, which results in better picture quality.
- An Uncapped Video recording at 40MBPs.
- An experimental ISO 1250 mode.
Note: You may need a Class 6 or higher SD card for your phone, in order to avoid possible issues.
Compatibility: This mod is available for the all Sense 3.6 based ROMs, as well as Inquisition ROM.
Caution: It must be noted that this project is not entirely complete and more features will be added soon. You can check the status for this project at the XDA Developer’s forum link given at the end of this post. However, the Mod can be installed by users.
Please follow the below given guide at your own risk. WML Cloud and it’s team will not be responsible if your device gets damaged or bricked during this process.
- You will require a rooted HTC Vivid with custom recovery installed. For instructions, see my post on the All in one toolkit for HTC Vivid. This toolkit can be used on your HTC Vivid phone to root it and to install custom recovery.
- Camera Mod for your ROM: Inquisition ROM / Sense 3.6 ROMs.
1. To get started, download the mod for your respective ROM (see links given above) and copy it to your SD Card’s root.
2. Now, boot your HTC Vivid phone into recover mode and create a Nandroid backup.
3. Once done, navigate to install zip file from your sdcard -> choose the zip file from the sdcard, followed by the mod file.
4. After mod is flashed , restart your phone to complete the process.
For any kind of queries, updates or additional details, see the XDA Developer’s forum link given below.
Thread at XDA-Developers.