How to install DefaultSettings Mod 1.17.1/1.16.5 (Never Lose Local Settings When Updating Your Modpack)
Follows 5 Steps bellow to install DefaultSettings Mod on Windows and Mac :
1. You need ready installed Minecraft Forge.
2. Download a Forge compatible mod from url download, or anywhere else!
3. Open Minecraft, click ->> ‘Mods’ button on the main menu, click – >> ‘Open Mods Folder’.Important: Some older versions of Forge may not have the ‘Open Mods Folder’ button. If that is the case, you need to find the folder manually. Windows:
- Press the Windows key and R at the same time
- Type %appdata% and press enter
- Find the Minecraft folder and then look for the Mods folder within that
- Click on the desktop and then press Command+Shift+G all at the same time
- Type ~/Library and press enter
- Open the folder Application Support and then Minecraft
4. Place the mod file downloaded (.jar or .zip) into the Mods folder.
5. Relaunch Minecraft, and you should now see the new mod installed in the list!
- Top 10 Best Java Seeds 1.16.5 and 1.17.1 for Minecraft (August 2021)
- Top 10 Best Minecraft Seeds 1.17.1 Caves & Cliffs – All Platform (August 2021)
DefaultSettings Mod offers the ability to create and use modpacks that send custom settings, server list entries, or even custom keybindings without overwriting the local settings every time the modpack is updated.
How to use:
To open the DS graphical interface, just press F7 + G either in the game’s mods list or anytime when playing in a world. It’s also possible to access the GUI by utilizing Forge’s Mods list and the “Config” button of DefaultSettings (1.7.10+).
* Fix incompatibility with Optifine 1.15
* Fix options and configs overriding for modpack creators
* Hotfix for crashes on 1.15