How to install Seafaring (1.14.4)
Follows 5 Steps bellow to install Seafaring (1.14.4) on Windows and Mac :
1. You need ready installed Minecraft Forge.
2. Download a Forge compatible mod from url download, or anywhere else!
3. Open Minecraft, click ->> ‘Mods’ button on the main menu, click – >> ‘Open Mods Folder’.Important: Some older versions of Forge may not have the ‘Open Mods Folder’ button. If that is the case, you need to find the folder manually. Windows:
- Press the Windows key and R at the same time
- Type %appdata% and press enter
- Find the Minecraft folder and then look for the Mods folder within that
- Click on the desktop and then press Command+Shift+G all at the same time
- Type ~/Library and press enter
- Open the folder Application Support and then Minecraft
4. Place the mod file downloaded (.jar or .zip) into the Mods folder.
5. Relaunch Minecraft, and you should now see the new mod installed in the list!
The Seafaring mod aims to add more substance to bodies of water in Minecraft. The sea floor now has a few new resources you can collect like rocks and pebbles but also salt piles. These can be converted to salt to make salted fish and meat.
This mod also adds a couple of new fish: the haddock and swamp feeder.
With compressed sponges you can soak up a much larger body of water for easier clearing. You can then dry the soaked sponges out for re-use by putting them in a furnace.
And there’s even some biome specific loot you can find while fishing like a message in a bottle that may lead to treasure!