Nero products have always an excellent resource for multimedia file management and Disc burning. While most of their applications are paid like the Nero 10 suite, there are also free software released by Nero from time to time. Recently, they have transformed Nero BurnLite 10 into a free multimedia file management and Disc burning application called Nero Kwik Media.
It allows managing your music, Movies, TV Shows, Pictures, etc and provides the utility to burn Discs such as DVD, CD and Blu-Ray. You can also play videos using Nero Kwik Media, including DVDs and even Blu-ray files. Other than providing the utility to burn data discs, you can also burn entire disc images in ISO and NRG formats.
Nero Kwik Media also contains easy uploading features to upload your photos, music and videos to social media platforms (such as Facebook,Flickr and YouTube). Moreover, it contains a photo editor with loads of retouching effects that can be applied to transform the look of your photos. Animated background themes can be added to slide shows to give them a dynamic look and you can burn photos to discs from your saved catalogs, create music playlists, and arrange library items by year, month and date. Its Syncing feature allows your music playlists as well as photo and video contents from your PC to be synchronized with any mobile device withUSB mass storage. You can get this free software from the download link given at the end of this post.
Note: To Burn DVD, Blu-ray, etc using Nero Kwik Media, check out this related post: How To Burn DVD, Blu-Ray With Nero Kwik Media Using Nero Burn Plugin
The main interface displays options to add folders to library (for creating catalogs), import files from a device or disc, view and edit pictures, play music or video files, and disc burning options.
You can add folder(s) to the library from the Add folder button (hammer icon), so that Nero Kwik Media can detect them automatically at startup. This provides the utility of easily sorting of media files by category such as Videos, pictures and music files.
For example, you can click on the Photos section to view your photos and to create slide shows.
Pictures can edited with many dynamic options such as, color correction, auto enhancement, red eye removal, brightness, saturation, backlight management etc, along with the effects such as Sepia, glow, gray scale, antique and many more.
Similarly, under Music library option, you can add, sort, and play music files. The bottom pane contains playback, navigation, and volume controls buttons and playlist related management options.
Nero Kwik Media supports a large number of codecs for playing video files such asAVI, Blu-ray and several other formats.
You can also upload your music files, pictures, and videos across YouTube, Facebook, Flickr and your Nero account with its the Upload feature (accessible from the main interface).
Nero Kwik Media is an excellent application with many advanced features which will make your media file management easy. It supports many languages, you can check out the complete list of supported languages here.
It works on
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
Detailed System Requirements for Nero Kwik Media:
- Windows® XP SP3 (32bit), Windows Vista® SP1 or later (32 and 64bit), Windows® 7 Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate (32 and 64bit)
- 2 GHz AMD or Intel® processor
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB RAM for Windows Vista® or Windows® 7)
- 1 GB hard drive space for a typical installation of all components (including templates, content and temporary disk space)
- DirectX® 9.0 compliant graphics card with 3D acceleration, 16-bit color, and a minimum of 128 MB video memory is required (32-bit, true color, 256 MB dedicated video RAM, and support for Shader Model 3.0 is recommended)
- Microsoft Windows® Internet Explorer 7 for the integrated store
- CD/DVD disc drive playback
- CD, DVD, or Blu-ray Disc recordable or rewritable drive for burning
- DirectX® 9.0c revision 30 (August 2006)
- Windows Media® Player 9
- Third party components such as Microsoft Windows® Installer 4.5, Microsoft .NET® 3.5 SP1 and Microsoft Silverlight™ 3 are shipped with the product or automated download if not included in the package
- For some services an Internet connection is required (DSL-1000 and higher recommended). Internet connection charges are the user’s responsibility
Note: It tries to install the ask toolbar at installation, make sure you uncheck all three checkboxes to avoid installing the toolbar.