People who work with dual monitors can find it quite troublesome to deal with an extended display without an extra taskbar. Dual Monitor is a free software which extends your taskbar to the secondary monitor.The extended taskbar is fully functional and has almost all the features of the primary taskbar such as time/date display, jump list, application pinning and notification area.
- You can move any windows to the secondary monitor.
- When you shift a window to the second monitor, it displays on the second taskbar.
- You can either have separate windows for each taskbar or duplicate the display of existing taskbar items (such as minimzed windows) to the extended taskbar.
- You can set applications to appear on a specific monitor
- Lock/Unlock taskbar
- Date/Time Display
- Auto-hide support for extended taskbar
You can Right-click on the extended taskbar and select Properties to taskbar settings. The available setting options include the following:
- Show Clock
- Show button on both taskbars
- Use Small icons
- Auto-Hide taskbars
- Show notifications area
- Change taskbar location (such as top, bottom, right, or left of the screen).
- Automatically start with Windows
The Window Manager tab can allows you to specify the monitor you would like to assign to a program (i.e. the primary or the secondary monitor) or to switch it manually between monitors using the mouse cursor.
Dual Monitors application works with
It is untested on other operating system and therefore, might or might not work with them.