Files can often become corrupt due to many reasons such as:
- Unexpected power failure
- Network interruption
- Virus or other malware infection
- Network sharing
- Software application errors and the like.
File Repair is robust free software for recovering corrupt files of several commonly used formats. This includes :
- CorruptMS Word documents (DOC, DOCX, DOCM, RTF)
- Corrupt MS Excel spreadsheets (XLS XLA, XLSX)
- CorruptMS Access databases (MDB, MDE, ACCDB, ACCDE)
- Corrupt MS PowerPoint presentations (PPT, PPS, PPTX)
- Corrupt Zip or RAR archives (ZIP and RAR)
- Corrupt Videos (AVI, Mp4, MOV,FLV,WMV,ASF,MPG)
- Corrupt Image files such as JPEG, GIF, TIFF, BMP, PNG or RAW images.
- Corrupt PDF documents (.pdf)
- Corrupt Audio files (Mp3 and WAV)
Just select a corrupt file (of a supported format) and click Start Repair to recover the file.
Normally, this method should recover corrupt files, however, in case the recovery process is unsuccessful a prompt will pop-up with the messages that you can attach and email the file to the developer’s team of file repair experts and they will recover and send the file back to you within 1 to 24 hours.
Its worth mentioning here that File Repair does have some limitations. For example, it cannot repair a file if,
- File is not in a recognizable format
- It cannot read file
- File cannot be accessed
- Application cannot open the type of file represented by filename
- Out of memory errors, or low system resources errors occur
File Repair works on
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7